Saturday 14 September 2013

One Week Left!

When Johnny left this morning to begin his second year at Capernwray Harbour, it made me realize how soon I'll be leaving too! With one week left before I fly across the Atlantic Ocean, I thought I'd give an explanation as to what exactly I'll be doing for the next nine months.

September 28th marks the first day of bible school for me at Capernwray Hall, but my Mom and I are leaving on the 22nd and staying in London for the week. The school is actually located in Lancashire in north-west England. Although it is a bible school It's not exactly like university. I'm not going there to earn a degree, I'm taking the year to focus on studying the bible, learning more about my faith and growing in my relationship with God. I'm so excited and a little nervous to travel to another country and to meet new people, but I know that the Lord is going to take care of me and He has given me this opportunity for a good reason.

To give you an idea of what my schedule might look like, here's a summary from a previous student of a day at Capernwray Hall. I copied this from the school's website http://www.capernwray.org.uk/BibleSchool.php?pid=51

Here are some of Erynne's memories of a regular bible school week;
(Not every day is like this, but at least this gives you a flavour of what it’s like)
Up for breakfast, get ready for the day...
Off to lectures! There are four sessions with a tea/coffee break half way through...
Lunch...
Free afternoon - walk the loop (round the park), play a game, get to know other students and staff, work on projects...
Time for tea (dinner/supper depending on where you come from !)...
2 evening lectures...
Supper (hot chocolate and a biscuit)...
A bit of free time before bed...
Lock up!

Saturdays are different – usually a free day. Late start, and often there is a trip organised to a local town or attraction. You will have to pay extra for these trips, but it’s worth it to see and experience more of England!

Fridays and Saturdays there are a number of social activities organised – family nights, film nights, maybe even a British night!

Sundays too are different – there are services morning and evening – but generally a fairly relaxed day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that schedule sounds similar to what mine was last year! It's going to be a great experience for sure! Just remember to soak in as much as you can, and use your time wisely!
    -Johnny

    ReplyDelete