Saturday 8 June 2013

Fruit of the Spirit Challenge!

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control; against such things there is no law. 

I've always been able to recite the fruit of the spirit, since I memorized this verse as a kid. One year at camp, the theme was the fruit of the spirit. Every week, we focused on one or two fruits, and by the end of the summer, we had completed an entire cut out tree. Even though I can name all the fruits, I thought I should take the time to learn about each one separately.

That's why I decided to start the Fruit of the Spirit Challenge. Over the course of nine weeks, I'm going to attempt to live out, find examples and learn about the fruit of the Spirit. Verse 25 says "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." I'm hoping that by focusing on one fruit a week I'll be able to have a better understanding of them, and I hope it will help me live a life that includes each of these fruits.

Week 1: Patience
Week 2: Goodness
Week 3: Peace
Week 4: Love
Week 5: Gentleness
Week 6: Kindness
Week 7: Self Control
Week 8: Faithfulness
Week 9: Joy

I'll be keeping track of each week in my journal, and then write up a post before the new week. If you'd like to join me, I'd love to hear what you experienced and learned each week too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just saw this post - sweet idea :) How is it going so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda slacked because of exams, but now I'm going to keep it up all summer! I've just posted the first one.

    ReplyDelete