Monday 13 May 2013

A Somewhat Lengthly Introduction

Hello there! My name is Annie. I'm a seventeen year old, christian, high school student from Toronto who loves to read, eat, and swim. Welcome to my blog! Don't worry if you're new here, so am I! I've never done anything like this before, so bear with me as I try this out.

Why have I started this you may ask? Here are a few reasons:

1. Sharing what God has been doing in my life.

There have been times when I've been asked to share my story, or journey with Christ, and I've always found it really difficult to do. I feel like my story is plain, simple, and uninteresting. Yet, I've been blessed with so many wonderful opportunities, I sometimes forget that those should be told. By actually writing my thoughts and experiences down, and documenting them, I might find it easier to communicate my walk with God to everyone else.

2. Being productive on the computer/Tumblr

You wouldn't believe the amount of time I waste, surfing the waves of the internet and getting nothing done. I knew it was becoming a problem, but it wasn't something I wanted to admit. Tumblr has really been taking up most of my time. With it's unending stream of posts, I found myself scrolling through it's content at every chance I could. I followed a couple of christian blogs, but every time I saw one of their posts, I quickly scrolled past. Now that was an ever bigger problem.

What did I do? Instead of staying away from Tumblr all together, I thought it might be better to continue to use it, but in a different way. I decided to delete my account, and start fresh with a new one. Do I regret my decision? Not at all! I thought it was going to be difficult, but it actually feels like a weigh has been lifted off my shoulders. I found so many other christian blogs on Tumblr that seem spiritually encouraging. I'm hoping this new account will help me focus on what's really important.

3. It's kind of been a dream of mine. 

I guess I wouldn't call it a dream. Maybe more like a daydream. There have been so many times this year when I've thought about my future. I've been struggling to come up with a career idea and I've been asking God to show me what he wants me to do with my life. Time after time, my mind has come across the idea of of having my own online journal, (like I said before) to share my journey with God.

My church's youth group has gone to Bathurst, New Brunswick every summer since 2011. During our trip last year, I wrote about my experience in a notebook, and had tons of fun taking pictures on other peoples cameras. On one of the final days of the trip, I had this idea that I could do this in the future. Take pictures, write about it, and then share it with everyone when I returned. I sounded like a ridiculous idea, but I never could get it out of my head.

So there you have it, my blog is finally started! I have no idea what I'll end up doing next, but I'm excited to find out! Please keep me in your prayers! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Annie, this is so awesome! And so nostalgic because I just realized I started my first blog just after graduating high school, age 17 heading off on adventures :) I am very excited to follow your blog, and also stoked that I'll be there for at least some of the fun!

    If you ever miss wasting time on the internet, you can creep my former life: http://letoyota.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete